TOURNAMENT

This topic contains 28 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  scizzle13 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

scizzle13

Friday Dec. 19th @ the Cowboy Cantina on the corner of Soledad and Sierra Hwy. $60 a team. only 32 teams. first come first serve. Guarenteed 2 games. must win 6 to take home the the $1000 Grand prize. Let me know if anyones interested.

wianek

Friday Dec. 19th @ the Cowboy Cantina on the corner of Soledad and Sierra Hwy. $60 a team. only 32 teams. first come first serve. Guarenteed 2 games. must win 6 to take home the the $1000 Grand prize. Let me know if anyones interested.

teams in the losers bracket can potentially win way more games than 6.

also, you should post the city and state in your topic title.

teams in the losers bracket can potentially win way more games than 6.

also, you should post the city and state in your topic title.

Santa Clarita Ca…thought I had put that. good lookin
    also again anyone will only have to win 6 games to win it all…it’s not 2 game elimination its two games guarenteed if you would like to know how the brackets work let me know.

prusch

I would like to know how the brackets work.

I would also like to be added to a list, if you are putting one together. Let me know if there is any way to reserve a spot. I’d hate to drive a ways only to show up with no free spots.

prusch

Add the team Snipers Inc. to the list as well, please.

Is it safe to assume we’ll be playing with WSOBP rules?

Definitely not safe to assume anything.

loloyopp

Add the team Snipers Inc. to the list as well, please.

Is it safe to assume we’ll be playing with WSOBP rules?

Definitely not safe to assume anything.

Add me as well. Flick the Bean.

And it really isnt that far Peter.

scizzle13

I would like to know how the brackets work.

I would also like to be added to a list, if you are putting one together. Let me know if there is any way to reserve a spot. I’d hate to drive a ways only to show up with no free spots.

OK so the tournament will start at 10PM.

To try to explain the Brackets…the teams will play one another randomly. After the first round of games there will still be 32 teams. If you won your first game you will play a team that lost their first game. After the second round there will only be 16 teams, then 8 and so on and so on….we had to design the brackets this way due to time restraints

You must prepay by the 12th of December. If you are too far to make a pointless drive out to Santa Clarita I’m not 100% sure but I believe we can work something out if you have a Credit Card.

Rules-
    -not exactly WSOBP rules but I believe their close
    -Tables are 8ft and if you need to find out how high up they go I can find out
    -15minute time limit
    -leaning=o.k. if both feet are on the floor
    -both balls returned if both players make cups
    -3 cups if both make same cup
    -I can e-mail full rules if you would like.

If anyone is still interested in playing please E-mail me at [email protected] and I can answer any questions you might have

this sounds really sketch. im not going to lie. is there a website with this information?

scizzle13

Nope…bar just asked me to set a tournament for them…so Im trying to put one together. Its called the COWBOY CANTINA in Canyon Country CA.

If you are interested in playing again e-mail me and post something on this bored incase I don’t get it. If theres anything you need to be sure its legit just let me know…but there is no Website…sorry

sfoster

After the first round of games there will still be 32 teams. If you won your first game you will play a team that lost their first game. After the second round there will only be 16 teams, then 8 and so on and so on….

Well that’s… different

prusch

Not that I will decide to not play, but this is definitely a new one… a tournament where the first game completely doesn’t matter. Basically it’s one free game that has no affect on the tournament… after the free game, then it’s a single elim tournament.

scizzle13

Not that I will decide to not play, but this is definitely a new one… a tournament where the first game completely doesn’t matter. Basically it’s one free game that has no affect on the tournament… after the free game, then it’s a single elim tournament.

ok so I ended up doing it this way because…
    #1 only have 3 hours and 45 minuts to have tournament….8 tables/47 games
    #2 your paying 30 bucks so you atleats will get a couple beers for your buck…1 pitcher per game split by both teams
    #3 I personally am ALLWAYS horrible my first game so I figured other people might have this problem as well. (I am not playing but will be refereeing…sp?)

If any of you guys have any suggestions let me know I will have no problem considering good ideas!

Also there are 12 spots left…

wianek

ok so I ended up doing it this way because…
    #1 only have 3 hours and 45 minuts to have tournament….8 tables/47 games
    #2 your paying 30 bucks so you atleats will get a couple beers for your buck…1 pitcher per game split by both teams
    #3 I personally am ALLWAYS horrible my first game so I figured other people might have this problem as well. (I am not playing but will be refereeing…sp?)

If any of you guys have any suggestions let me know I will have no problem considering good ideas!

I’ve seen 64 team double elim tourneys run in under 5hr with only 8 tables. If you run a 32 team double elim tourney efficiently, you should have no trouble finishing in 3h 45min. You just need to be on top of it and make sure there is never an empty table.

prusch

sent you an email…. how can I reserve a spot if I can’t make it up to canyon country til then?

wianek

sent you an email…. how can I reserve a spot if I can’t make it up to canyon country til then?

you guys should just use paypal…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.