NorCal Satellite

Home Page Forums The World Series of Beer Pong NorCal Satellite

This topic contains 127 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  ecastro715 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 128 total)
  • Author

kobe24

Being a former tennis player, I like how HS Tennis does it. It’s pretty simple and it would be a lot of games (both singles and doubles).

Each team has 9 players. You have 3 singles players and 3 doubles teams.

You set your line up like this.
    #1 singles
    #2 singles
    #3 singles

#1 doubles
    #2 doubles
    #3 doubles

Each singles player and doubles team plays 3 matches and they will count as 1 point each. We could play each match 2/3 games or 3/5, etc. The total score adds up to 18 points (10-8, 12-6, etc.)

#1 singles vs #1 singles, then #1 singles would play #3 singles, then #1 singles would play #2 singles and the same for doubles.

Just throwing it out there. It seems like it could work well with what we have in mind.

I guess I haven’t made any comments about this Ryder Cup event. I’m all about it, and the timing would work awesome if I wasn’t actually hosting the event the following day. Unless there is some sort of pop-up event preparing kit that I don’t know about, I’ll likely be out of commission. Unfortunately, Tyler should probably be on Socal’s list too, but won’t be free either.

There are plenty of good players to still make it happen. Again, we had 9 teams crack the top 25 at the World Series (that’s 18 players – some better than others). I’d be happy to set up official singles matches to make people play for spots.

All the TF guys should be on the list – and there are 5 right there:
    Gary, Kendon, RJ, Mike, Bryan

The better SD players…. Castro, Fat Kid, Grady

Other players that have played really well at times:
    Trenor, Chad, Brent, Scott, Stephen, Sasquitch, Beirut, G’d Up

If Walker’s playing for the dark side, then I’m not sure I even want to be a part of the event as he’s SCBP’s kryptonite.

As for location – Stephen, you should take a look at parking the bentley & mazeratti in the driveway for the night. A garage is pong paradise.

What about Dustin of pure filth?

prusch

What about Dustin of pure filth?

My ramblings above were more just going over the depth of qualified players, and by no means was supposed to be a comprehensive list. Shouldn’t have to be said that Dustin’s on any list of players.

sonomajoe

I would have to say that when geting challenged for a spot you should not be able to be challeged for your spot more than twice so once you have been challeged twice you are in, and the same should go for challenging someone if you challege for a spot and lose twice you cant challenge anymore, so use your challege wisely!

welch

Being a former tennis player, I like how HS Tennis does it. It’s pretty simple and it would be a lot of games (both singles and doubles).

Each team has 9 players. You have 3 singles players and 3 doubles teams.

You set your line up like this.
    #1 singles
    #2 singles
    #3 singles

#1 doubles
    #2 doubles
    #3 doubles

Each singles player and doubles team plays 3 matches and they will count as 1 point each. We could play each match 2/3 games or 3/5, etc. The total score adds up to 18 points (10-8, 12-6, etc.)

#1 singles vs #1 singles, then #1 singles would play #3 singles, then #1 singles would play #2 singles and the same for doubles.

Just throwing it out there. It seems like it could work well with what we have in mind.

This sounds like a good option. That would be a lot of games though considering making each match best 2/3 or 3/5. For the sake of time I think 2/3 would be the best option.

Anyone have any other ideas for the format?

Also, I know Tom is going to the co-ed tournament this saturday in The City. Anyone else plan on playing? We’re bringing 2 teams.

sonomajoe

are you guys going to the cotati sat or the city? I know looney bin is coming and byron and danile, and hersh, also shrek, the satellite should be great, but I’m looking foward o the 1 on 1 tourney should be a hell of a tourney!

sonomajoe

For the "Ryder Cup" I say we go as follows either 8 to 10 players on each team first matchup is doubles match 12 vs 12 34 vs 34 and so on down the line best of 3 matchup. After that we do a singles match were you play your given number in terms of position on the team so 1 places 1 2 places 2 and so on down the line, this also is a best of 3, and then you do a random draw for your partner on your team and random for the team your playing for doubles and the same for singles basically pulled out of a bag to see who is playing with who and who they are playing agaist, and do the same in singles so everyone will play 2 singles matches and 2 doubles matches and you get 1 point for every series win you have. If it was 8 people per team the team that hit the 13 point mark would win and take the first ever North vs South, we have to get a perpetual trophy for this as well, I know a guy that owns a trophy shop up here that could probably make a nice one for a pretty reasonalble price.

slowsen

I would have to say that when geting challenged for a spot you should not be able to be challeged for your spot more than twice so once you have been challeged twice you are in, and the same should go for challenging someone if you challege for a spot and lose twice you cant challenge anymore, so use your challege wisely!

any of these potential top 8 people live in the sacramento area?

sonomajoe

ya byron, shrek, and mooney all live in sac

sonomajoe

Maybe they will do the Oakland tourney at the Stork Club…right tom…LOL

Also a reminder sign up online and save 5 dollars off your entry to this weekends satellite.

Allamericanbeerpong.com under northbay section

sonomajoe

I’m going to try and get some video of the good singles and team matchups and post it on the web so you guys in socal can get a taste of what your going to get in a few monthes 🙂

ALso a Reminder we are still taking signups for this weekends tournament on Allamerican beerpong.com under the northbay section…..your chance to take home a SCBP Open entry and WSOBP entry all in one day, should be a great day of beer pong email me with any questions.

Mike

[email protected]

sonomajoe

DOUBLE SATELLITE TOURNEY TOMORROW AFTERNOON, YOUR CHANCE TO WIN BOTH A SCBP OPEN SATT AND A WSOBP SATT IN ONE DAY. LOCATION IS FRIAR TUCK’S PUB IN COTATI, CA AND REGISTRATION STARTS AT 1 TOURNEY AT 2….2 DOLLAR BEERS FROM OUR SPONSER SANTA CRUZ ALE WORKS. COME ON OUT FOR A GREAT TIME.

CHECK ALL THE DETAILS OUT AT ALLAMERICANBEERPONG.COM NORTHBAY SECTION

welch

Good luck to everyone today!

sonomajoe

Mooney and dan wise took down the the SCBP Open with 2 wins in the finals agianst caboom, and shrek aka tiny aka jarod came back and won two in a row in the finals against daniel for the singles title!

sonomajoe

Here is the video from the final game of the championship match..Something fierce won 2 games strait to take down caboom….Something fierce was dan wise and mooney.

SCBP Open Satellite

1. Something Fierce
    2. Caboom
    3. Shaffs & byrns

Singles WSOBP Satellite

1. Shrek aka Tiny aka jarod
    2. Daniel
    3. Me (sonomajoe)

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.